Why Everyone Should Be Saved
1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
The Exhortation to the Saints – vs. 1-3
- 1 Timothy 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
The Expectation of the Savior – vs. 4
God gave His will in verse 4.
His will is for all men to be saved, and for all men to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
The Exclusivity of Salvation – vs. 7
- There’s Only One Truth – vs. 4
- Romans 3:4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar…
- John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
- John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
- There’s Only One God – vs. 5
- Isaiah 45:22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
- There’s Only One Mediator – vs. 5b
- Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
I’d love to have a dollar for every time I’ve heard someone say to me, “This getting saved business might be ok for you, but it’s not for me.”
SO… WHY SHOULD EVERYONE BE SAVED?
I. Because Everyone is a Sinner
- Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
- Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
- 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
- 1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
II. Because Everyone Will Stand Before God
- Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
- Romans 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.
- Revelation 20:12, 13 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
III. Because Everyone will Spend Eternity Somewhere
- John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
- Revelation 21:8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
- Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
IV. Because Everyone can be Saved
- John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
- John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
- 2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.