Divine Disruptions Sermon Series Part 4
The Disruption of Building
Intro: If there was ever a man that experienced a “Divine Disruption”, it was Noah.
Can you imagine what must have gone through his mind after his conversation with the Lord?
I. God’s Assessment – vs. 5, 6, 7, 11, 12
- 5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
- 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
- 7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.
- 11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
- 12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
- 13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.
NOTE: We are there!!
- 36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
- 37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
- 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
- 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
II. God’s Assistant – vs. 8, 9
22 Thus did Noah, according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
Noah was a man of:
A. Perfect Integrity – vs. 8, 9
- 2 Peter 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
B. Providential Intimacy – and Noah walked with God…
C. Personal Investment -– vs. 14 – Make THEE
D. Passionate Involvement -22 Thus did Noah, according to all that God commanded him, so did he.
III. God’s Assignment – vs. 14-21
Noah’s building project wasn’t really optional:
- Him Self
- His Spouse
- His Seed
God is looking for people to BUILD AN ARK for the saving of others.
- Hebrews 11:7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
Noah, to build the Ark, had to:
- Find the Tools
- Fell the Trees
- Forfeit the Treasure
- Follow the Template
- Fight the Temptations
- Forget the Taunting
- Fit the Timeframe
- Finish the Task